Google Chrome setting default search to google.com instead of google.com.xx

Recently I am travelling many times to Iran. I am using google chromes adress bar as search engine, but in Iran my search returns a page in farsi and it says it is blocked. As a result  www.google.com is not banned but www.google.com.tr is banned in Iran.  So in order to fix this issue I just googled  but I couldnt find  a proper simple solution. I did some try outs from my readings. and I found the solution.

When you go in to the search engine settings page. There is google as default at the top. You will see string like this at the search string place.

{google:baseURL}search?{google:RLZ}{google:acceptedSuggestion}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}sourceid=chrome&ie={inputEncoding}&q=%s

What you have to do is change this string into

www.google.com\search?{google:RLZ}{google:acceptedSuggestion}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}sourceid=chrome&ie={inputEncoding}&q=%s

 

{google:baseURL} is the string which google finds your locale and shows you your countries search page. So when you change it to www.google.com it would directy search this adress.

But you can not change googles default search engine properties in chrome. So you will add this changed search string as another search engine and make it default. It  perfectly worked for me.

PS: I am writing this post from iran but with a Teamviewer connection to my PC at home. It appears godaddy hostings are hard to reach from Iran. So currently there is no images . 🙂

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *